I was an avid reader long before I ever thought about writing a novel. I'm still an avid reader. I took up the challenge to keep track of the books I read this year, and to try to read 100 books. So far, I'm making good progress toward my goal.
Here is a list of the books I've read since I last posted an update.
37. When Dreams Come True by Cathy Maxwell
38. Blame it on Bath by Caroline Linden
39. One Night in London by Caroline Linden
40. Scandal of the Year by Laura Lee Guhrke
41. Once Around by Barbara Bretton
42. Sleeping Alone by Barbara Bretton
43. The Day We Met by Barbara Bretton
44. Maybe This Time by Barbara Bretton
45. At Last by Barbara Bretton
46. A Soft Place to Fall by Barbara Bretton
47. Girls of Summer by Barbara Bretton (read it twice)
48. The Penalty Box by Deirdre Martin
49. The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts
50. Just Down the Road by Jodi Thomas
51. Here to Stay by Catherine Anderson
52. Home for the Summer by Mariah Stewart
53. Moonshell Beach by JoAnn Ross (read it twice)
Of all these books were good. The best of the bunch was Barbara Bretton's Girls of Summer, which is my all-time favorite contemporary romance. Also excellent were Home for the Summer by Mariah Stewart, the fifth book in her Chesapeake Diaries series; Moonshell Beach by JoAnn Ross, the fifth book in her Shelter Bay series, which I was fortunate enough to read before its release due to an advanced reading copy I won in the weekly contest on her website; and The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts, the second book in her Inn Boonsboro trilogy.
I'm on a contemporary romance kick at the moment, and I plan to start reading Ms. Roberts's new book, The Witness, tonight.
What have you been reading?